It was a beautiful day today so we decided to take Magnolia to a pumpkin patch. Let me first say that this is something that I have been excited to do for many many years. For as long as I can remember I have thought about "when I grow up" I am going to go to a pumpkin patch with my family. I am not sure why this has always been a dream of mine. Maybe its the fact that I love Halloween or maybe its because I have taken so many field trips to pumpkin patches as a teacher and always thought it would be cool to bring my own child to it. Whatever the case, I was so very excited to take Magnolia today. It was a perfect day for the patch... clear blue skies, and the perfect fall temp. We found 4 pumpkins (Magnolia wanted to get one for Ziggy, even though pugs were not allowed to go to the pumpkin patch) and got to cut them off their vines and haul them to the Jeep. Magnolia had a great time touching the pumpkins, and playing in the dirt. After finding our pumpkins we went to a little petting zoo that they had set up. Magnolia fell in love with a donkey. Her eyes were so bright as she giggled and pet the donkey. Maybe we will have to get her one for Christmas... ha ha. All in all it was such a great little outing. I loved watching Magnolia play in the dirt and get excited about pumpkins. As much as I have been waiting to do this and hyping up how much fun it would be to bring my child to a pumpkin patch, I was not disappointed... it could not have gotten any better. What a fantastic day!
Welcome to the Maki family blog! This blog has been created to celebrate the lives of our 2 amazing children, Magnolia and Keegan.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Pumpkin Patch
It was a beautiful day today so we decided to take Magnolia to a pumpkin patch. Let me first say that this is something that I have been excited to do for many many years. For as long as I can remember I have thought about "when I grow up" I am going to go to a pumpkin patch with my family. I am not sure why this has always been a dream of mine. Maybe its the fact that I love Halloween or maybe its because I have taken so many field trips to pumpkin patches as a teacher and always thought it would be cool to bring my own child to it. Whatever the case, I was so very excited to take Magnolia today. It was a perfect day for the patch... clear blue skies, and the perfect fall temp. We found 4 pumpkins (Magnolia wanted to get one for Ziggy, even though pugs were not allowed to go to the pumpkin patch) and got to cut them off their vines and haul them to the Jeep. Magnolia had a great time touching the pumpkins, and playing in the dirt. After finding our pumpkins we went to a little petting zoo that they had set up. Magnolia fell in love with a donkey. Her eyes were so bright as she giggled and pet the donkey. Maybe we will have to get her one for Christmas... ha ha. All in all it was such a great little outing. I loved watching Magnolia play in the dirt and get excited about pumpkins. As much as I have been waiting to do this and hyping up how much fun it would be to bring my child to a pumpkin patch, I was not disappointed... it could not have gotten any better. What a fantastic day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awww,,,,the pumpkin patch! I love the pictures! Too cute! Thanks for sharing them! I do miss you and your little family!
Post a Comment