Sunday, December 1, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree

We set up our Christmas tree last weekend. Yes, I said last weekend. The weekend before Thanksgiving. I am the type of person who doesn't like Christmas decorations after Christmas. If I had it my way I would take everything down after the kids go to bed on Christmas night. I love the "season" of Christmas. I love the anticipation, the songs, the festive spirit of everyone and everything else that screams Christmas. For that reason, I do not have a problem turning on the Christmas tunes before Thanksgiving and decorating the tree. That being said, we decorated our house on Nov 22. It was a process to get our tree up and decorated. We started right away in the morning and worked on it on and off all day. I did not have high hopes whatsoever of our tree withstanding Mr Keegan. I had a fence all ready to go around it so he could not get at it. The boy (who eats everything and plays with everything) has not even tried to touch the tree! He looks at it and loves the lights but has not gone to pull anything off (yet!)! I am shocked! Here are some pics of the kids putting the tree together and getting the lights out. I will try to get a pic of the finished tree ASAP.

No comments: