Monday, November 18, 2013

A Maki Family First (and maybe last!)

Well it happened. David convinced me to do something I never thought I would do in my adult life. I put it on the "Oh what you do for your kids" list. We went to a buffet restaurant for dinner. Yep. I Kristin L Maki went to a buffet. For those of you who don't know me, I am not a big fan of buffets. When I was little our family went to a restaurant called Royal Fork. It was my sister's favorite place to eat so whenever it was her turn to pick I knew that was where we were headed. (Just in case you are wondering I would always pick Chi-Chi's) Anyway, I think that place tainted my buffet experience. It smelled funny. It just wasn't my cup of tea. So... whenever David mentioned how much our kids would like a buffet I would put the kibosh on it very quickly. For some reason this past weekend I caved. To say these kids of mine liked it would not do their experience justice. They LOVED it! Keegan ate and ate and ate and ate. He ate so much people actually came over to our table to comment on the amount of food he ate. He literally licked his plate clean! I will say that it was fun to see my kids try foods they had never had before... like meat loaf! Magnolia thought it was such a fancy restaurant. She could go up and get any food she wanted! She especially loved that there was a dessert section with ICE CREAM!!! I can't say that my opinion of buffet restaurants has changed but to see how much my kids loved it made it more enjoyable. Will I go back? Probably not. I have decided that experience is a great grandparent activity when they come out to visit! :)

No comments: