Monday, December 10, 2012

The best pug

It is with a very sad heart and tears in my eyes that I write this post. Today we had to say goodbye to the happiest, most loving and wonderful dog around. This was one of the hardest days of my life. Ziggy was such an amazing dog and so many of our best memories include her. David and I got her as a foster dog shortly after we were married. We signed a contract with the rescue program we did foster care for that we would foster 6 dogs before adopting any. Ziggy just happened to be #7! She came out from the back of the vet with a red bandana on, tail wagging and a smile on her face. All we could do was laugh at this dog. I knew we just had to keep her the second I saw her. She moved with us from St Paul to Oklahoma City to Boise to Arvada and finally to Fort Collins and was always up for an adventure. Pug was so caring and you could tell she was a mom to a lot of puppies in her younger years. She somehow knew I was pregnant both times before I did. She would sit on my belly and wouldnt move every night while watching tv. When we found out we were pregnant I realized that Pug already knew and was keeping my babies warm. She continued to sit on my belly with both kids until it was so big she would fall off. At that point she she would sit right next to me until the baby was born. She then resumed her normal position on the couch (which was curled up on David's legs). Zigs always made sure we knew when Magnolia was crying as a baby and never passed up an opportunity to snuggle and catch a quick nap with Magnolia and Keegan. We tried to give Ziggy the very best life she could possibly have while she was with us. I hope that we succeeded. I hope that she knew how much we loved her. We sure are going to miss our little puggers but it is comforting to know that she is not in any pain anymore. Here are some of my favorite pictures of Ziggy and our last family picture with her.

1 comment:

The Hayes Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Ziggy. No words can comfort you enough during a loss of a family member. May her memories bring you continued laughs, smiles, and forever happiness.