Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mother's Day

Once again I had a very wonderful Mother's Day. Magnolia loves any and all celebrations so she made me several cards and pictures and loved telling me "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!" Her and David also gave me an ice cream maker so that we can make homemade ice cream this summer... cant think of a better gift to get a pregnant woman than that!!! :) I dont need a special holiday to make me appreciate how much I love being a mom... but I guess it takes a special day to express my feelings on this blog! There isn't a day that goes by that I dont think about how lucky to be a stay at home mom. I am so very grateful to David for all of his sacrifices and how hard he works so that I can continue to do what I love. Now, dont get me wrong, there are days when I want to pull my hair out and wish that I could just go to work for a few hours. However, every single night I go in to check on Magnolia and am truly overflowing with love and amazement when I see her peacefully sleeping in her bed. There isn't anything better in life than to see your child healthy, happy and growing into an amazing little person! To top off this amazing thing called motherhood I am lucky enough to have another little peanut growing inside of me! Its amazing how much you can love something that you haven't even met yet, who kicks you hard enough to wake you up several times a night, and who loves to jump on your bladder so that you have to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes. :) Ah, such fun time ahead of us in the Maki fam!

No comments: