Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Let the labor begin!


I started the labor process at 5:00 p.m. on Friday night. My goal was to birth naturally without any drugs so that was the only thing on my mind.  We had the most wonderful doula that helped us through the whole process.  I am not sure if we would have made it if we didnt have her there for support!  The labor took a very long time... 29 hours!  The nurses would wish me the best of luck at the end of their shifts and tell me that they would come visit me and the baby when they came back.  Little did they know that I would still be there trying to have this little baby when they came back.  It got a little disheartening after awhile, but it was well worth it!  On Saturday afternoon I ended up getting an epidural in hopes that would help with my pain.  I then progressed very quickly and was ready to push.  Once again, I thought this would be an easy process but baby had a mind of its own!  I pushed for 3 1/2 solid hours and at 8:06 I was able to see my work pay off!

No comments: